Easy Apps – Bruschetta
2011 February 2
Ever go to a potluck dinner and have no idea what to bring? Well, look no further–bruschetta is one of those always-impressive yet surprisingly easy appetizers to make. When made correctly, it will always stand out as one of the most vibrant–and delicious–appetizers at any party. The key to making a great bruschetta is using really, really fresh ingredients – nothing canned and definitely no dried herbs.
Whenever I make bruschetta the amount of each ingredient always tends to fluctuate, so most of what you’re putting in is going to be until it’s to your liking. However, here’s a sort of basic recipe/guideline to follow the next time you want to bring a stand-out dish to a party that requires hardly any effort!
- 1 pint (16oz) grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 T Olive Oil (more if needed)
- Large handful of basil leaves (more if desired)
- 1 Baguette
- Finely chop the garlic and basil, set aside
- Chop the tomatoes and place into a large bowl
- Mix in the olive oil and herbs
- Chill the mixture until ready to serve
- Cut the baguette into 1/4-inch slices, toast, and place a large spoonful of bruschetta on each piece. Enjoy!