2011 April 25
Baked Falafel (adapted from AllRecipes)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- Chop onion, set aside. Place garbanzo beans, parsley, garlic, cumin, coriander, salt, and baking soda in a food processor. Process until the mixture is coarsely pureed. Mix garbanzo bean mixture and onion together in a bowl. Stir in the flour and egg. Shape mixture into four or five patties and put in the freezer for 15 minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Olive Oil. Place patties in the oven for 20 minutes, or until browned on the top and bottom.
- Eat them any way you like! I spread some hummus on a pita, chopped up a cucumber, tomato and some fresh mint, rolled the pita up with the falafels in it and drizzled some tahini on top. TAHINI is an integral part of any falafel. It’s well worth the price. Enjoy!